So my aunt is doing a craft boutique, she is calling it the Homemade Boutique. She is super cute and crafty and she wanted every one to make things for it. So here are the beginnings of my attempts. These are by no means perfect but I am having tons of fun! I love all the bright fun fabrics, but if you think they are ugly I won't have my feelings hurt. I just wanted to take some pictures of it and record all of the hard work I have done, even though I really don't think they are amazing, I am still excited! There is something so fun about making things, and being able to stand back and say, "WOAH! I made this!"
This is a bag I just made tonight, and I totally messed up on it and couldn't figure out this one part of the pattern, so after seam ripping a few times, I finally got it, and now I think I could whip them out a lot faster! I even put a pocket in it!

These are nursing covers aka "Hooter Hiders" (I just hate that name). I am planning on making a bunch more of these.
I just love love this fabric. And did you know envelope pillows are about the easiest thing to sew ever? What an easy way to change up your decor and add some color.

This is a baby snuggly thing.
I am in love with making pillows now, I still need more practice!
And that is it! Oh and one more thing! Jed and I went to a wood finishing class last Saturday at Four Chairs. It was soooo much fun, and now I want to refinish everything in my house. :) We learned how to antique and paint and distress and stain, it was eye opening. Loved it. What a fun date too. We practiced painting and staining this little stool, not too thrilling but still cute.







9 comments:
I am AMAZED!! I didn't know you had so much talent, I mean it! I love the bags and the pillows, all of it is great!! I love the bright fabrics, especially the first bag! You need to teach me how to sew, and when do you find time for that?? AMAZING!
Becky! You are too kind. I am not en expert sewer, I know basic basic stuff, and I would love to show you the little I know! You would think it was really fun, we will have to get together and have a sewing project! And I made all the pillows on sunday when I wasn't at church because I was sick with a cold, :) he he. I must have really needed some quiet time without the kids, I kinda feel guilty for sending them with Jed, but oh well! :)
oh my Heather you did a great job!! I love to sew but it seems whenever I make something its always a bit "special" and off :) Everything looks wonderful!!
Wow so impressed I love all your projects! I think that is just so much fun! I absolutely love the nursing covers and definitely need one of them, I have been looking forever for one but you have adorable fabric so I will need to come get one and the pillows and bags are cute as well! Good job!
I have a very talented sister! Very nice Heather!!! I love the pillows most of all and the earings you make are amazing. I have given your jewelry to several friends as gifts and they always love them!
Go Heather! It looks good!
I pretty much want everything - the pillows I am especially in love with! Where did you get such cute fabric? Anyway are you selling them...if so I want to buy :)
wow you've done a lot of stuff! And a big variety of types of things too! It's all really cute, I hope it sells well! I agree, I hate the term hooter hiders, nursing covers is much better. I need to learn how to make those envelope pillows! Tell Jed to back off your grandma fabric! I'm in love with a floral pattern fabric and zach always makes sure to let me know it's grandma!
wow!!! i can't believe youmade all that stuff! you must be super busy! you are amazing!
Post a Comment