So I just had the most fun girls weekend. My college roomate Danielle and her sister, and our good friend Karen all went to St. George last minute. We ran a Half Marathon! My first! It was super fun. It was called the Snow Canyon Half Marathon. I ran it in 1:50 and was pretty proud of myself, since I haven't been training for it specifically because I decided to do it Friday. I have been exercising a lot and figured now would be as good a time as any since I have been trying to get in good shape. It has been a really good exercise year because I have been lucky to have friends to go with. We usually run 3 times a week in the mornings and then do an exercise video. The race was in such a beautiful place, you are running with red rock all around and BLUE BLUE skies!!! I pushed it pretty hard and am definitely sore today! Danielle let me try out her Garmin Heart rate monitor to see if I liked it. It was so fun, you could see your speed, time, distance, elevation, heart rate, average pace...so many things. So my average heart rate was 171, my average pace was 8:45. I totally need to ask for one of those for my birthday or something! After the race we ate at the Bear Paw Cafe, super yummy and swam in the hot tub at the hotel and let the jets massage our sore legs. It was so fun sitting under the palm trees in 70 degree weather in november in the pool. How awesome is that??? And then we went climbing up snow canyon and had some serious fun doing that. I love these girls! I met them climbing 8 years ago, and I am so happy that we are still getting together to climb and share something we love! They are awesome! It was really nice to get away and have girl time, and I missed my kids but wow, what a nice break! Thanks JED!!! I also came home to a spotless clean house, AWESOME! Oh and to finish the trip, we went to see Michael Jackson's This is IT at 10pm! So good!!! I was wanting to dance the whole time. I want to go buy all the albums now. Highly recommend it! I didn't get home till midnight. I felt like such a party girl. Ha ha
LEO's Taco shop, so great, we loved it!

Top of the climb! The GIRLS!













7 comments:
Heather - I cannot believe what great shape you are in with Ella not even one yet! You are incredible! I feel like such a slacker. I can't even believe you ran the half on the spur of the moment like that and got such a great time! Great job!!!!! I'd be happy if I could run one mile in 8:45 right now. :)
wow! i had a feeling you were going to do it! that is awesome time! now you only have to do a full!!
yay!! i found your blog!! so cute! i love your family pic!! st. george was so awesome with ya girl! you're so fun!
OK, Heather - I think you might have miscalculated your average mile time. I think it was more in the upper 7 minute range. I don't have the energy to do all of the math right now, but in my head, it seems like your pace was more of a 7:45 pace.
Wow great job Heather! and Katie you're right about 7:40ish
Ok I am embarrassed! I just realized that I wrote the time totally wrong. It was more like 1:50, we had a heart rate monitor malfunction issue, and I know it was 8:45 pace, so that would make it 1:50. So yeah, I am going to change that! Ha ha, I wish I had done it in 1:40, I am glad you guys pointed that out. And we couldn't look it up in the race results because we didn't register. Anyways, there you go.
Well - don't be embarrassed. 1:50 is still a GREAT time for a half, esp. considering you weren't even training for it!
Post a Comment