
I got up early Saturday morning and went on a long ride with Kendra. Our plan was to do a 3-4 hour ride in the mountains, which we tried to do despite the snow, but we didn't realize how deep it really was until we got up there! We rode up from the gas station at provo canyon, and went up to the water tower road. We hiked quite a bit and the wind was blowing super hard! We thought when we got up to the road we would be able to ride a bit more, since it would be flatter, but it was so slippery. So we headed down the road to the real road, and opted for a mountain bike road ride. We road down to Utah lake, over to Lindon, and back to Kendra's house. This was a wake up call for my legs, big time! I normally just go up in the mountains, which is short bursts of energy to get up the hills, not as much pedaling on flat ground. This was full on pedaling, and my quads were BURNING!!! I need to do way more of this, it pretty much killed me. Kendra kicked my butt, she has strong legs! She has been doing long road rides the last few Saturdays and I could totally tell I was lacking in that area. So I am kinda excited to go out for some road rides, I think I could get into it. It was really fun to move my legs that much. I couldn't believe how different it was. We had left at 6:30, and didn't get done until 10. So mission accomplished!





1 comment:
The ride was a blast, I am glad you came. I have a new nickname for you, it is Hardcore (HC) for short. Just like your real initials, but with a different meaning.
Kendra
Post a Comment