Sunday, September 19, 2010

First days of School



My kids are getting so old, therefore I am starting to feel a lot older as well. I can't believe I have a kindergartner and a preschooler. WOW. They grow up so super fast, I feel like I am trying to hold on to them so tight, but there is nothing I can do about it. Ella is at the age where I just look at her and think, "Can I just enjoy you this way forever!!!?" But at the same time, it is so much fun to see them so excited to go to school, and experience all the new fun things in life. Chloe is coming home singing songs in Spanish and Zac is loving his "farm school". The first day when I dropped him off he asked "are you going to leave me here???" But it wasn't in a fearful way, he was asking if he was old enough to stay by himself at school. And I can't believe he is! They are so awesome. I just have to write a few funny/sweet things they have been saying lately...
Ella "mom, a Bird!!!" everytime she sees a fly or any bug with wings.
Zac "mom, where do chickens come from?" me "from eggs" Zac "but mom, how do they get in the eggs?" and this went on and on for quite a while...because I really don't know how to explain this to a 4 yr old.
Chloe "mom, today in primary I said a prayer that you would get better" since I was feeling so sick today.
Ella "what's that mom?" she asks this about EVERYTHING. and then we tell her what is is and she says "what?" over and over and over.

1 comment: